Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/content/55/14040155/html/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-hooks.php on line 160

Fun Facts

  • $8,200 was the price paid for the original Gough Street property in 1887.
  • In 1903, the only significant event recorded in the church’s history is that the “tenor soloist is notified not to read while the pastor is preaching the sermon.”
  • Initially, members paid “dues” to the church.
  • The motto for the 25th anniversary celebration was “Loyalty, Activity, Thought and Consecration.”
  • In 1920, the lower floor of the Gough Street church building was electrified at a cost of $350.
  • The mortgage of the original church building was retired in November 1922.
  • In 1920, the pastor’s salary was $275 plus garage and parsonage.
  • In 1930, the organist was paid $12.50 per month.
  • In February 1951, the council voted to permit folk dancing.
  • The 6555 Geary Blvd. sanctuary was built for just under $55,000 in 1949